Everyone knows that exercise is crucial, and for fitness buffs who want to be able to walk and jog comfortably, even during the winter, a treadmill is the only way to go. Treadmills can be portable, are always available nearby, and also offer a low-impact (or high-impact, depending on choice) work out that everyone enjoys. It’s the ultimate cardio tool, and also one of the most popular forms of exercise machines sold today. The hard part about finding a treadmill that suits you is finding a treadmill that is both affordable and excellent in quality.
What to Look for When Browsing Cheap Treadmills for Sale
Treadmills, even discount treadmills, come in all shapes, sizes, and modes. When looking at a cheap treadmill for sale, it’s important to ask several questions.
- Is this treadmill portable? Do I need portability? Fitness fans who live in small spaces should look for a foldable discount treadmill. Although the treadmill may become your most prized possession in the world of fitness, the ability to fold it up and hide it in your closet when guests arrive is an asset that might just be a necessity.
- Can this treadmill show how many calories I burned? Although this isn’t likely to occur with a cheap treadmill for sale, it’s still worth asking. Somewhere, there is a treadmill that fits your needs without breaking your budget. Calorie counting fans should keep this in mind.
- Is it manual or automatic? Treadmills that have motors to help you move along will likely cost more. Manual (motorless) treadmills are at a discount, and also might not need electricity to power them. Automatic treadmills are easier to move on, but are often more expensive (around $200 minimum is normal). Once again, it depends what you feel would be better for YOU.
- How durable does this look? If you are going to spend money on anything, it might as well last you years. Just because it’s a cheap treadmill on sale, doesn’t mean that you have to sacrifice durability! Look for quality, and read the reviews that customers leave on sites like Amazon.com.
- Does this look stable? Much to the shame of the treadmill industry, some discount treadmills are designed in ways that make them shaky or unstable. Simply put, don’t buy a treadmill that looks like it may break or tip over at any moment.
- Does this have any nifty add-ons that I like? Everything from water holders to railings to an iPod plug shows value. Look for this when looking at cheap treadmills on sale.
Where To Find Discount Treadmills For Sale
Finding cheap treadmills on sale is very easy once you know where to look. Amazon.com, often regarded as a books-only site, actually has many discount treadmills under $100. It’s important to use the site’s reviews when choosing a treadmill; you’ll be surprised at how informative each review can be, and what issues might be brought to light.
Amazon also has both new and used treadmills. People who aren’t against used (and refurbished) treadmills are likely to find a great deal on Amazon. One thing that really separates Amazon from other discount and bidding sites is that Amazon doesn’t tolerate poor service, and also will work with customers who feel that they have not gotten a good purchase.
Find TONS Of Cheap Treadmills For Sale On Ebay
Another site, which thrives on discounts, is eBay. EBay offers a lot of cheap treadmills for sale, and many of them are under $100. With purchases on eBay, especially purchases such as treadmills, it’s important to look at reviews from other sites, as well as ask the vendor questions about that particular treadmill. Many of the treadmills on eBay are “or best offer,” simply because the vendor can no longer keep the treadmill.
It’s also possible to negotiate a waiving of the shipping charges if you can pick up the treadmill, yourself! The major downside to eBay is that there are many vendors who don’t tell the truth about the products that they sell. It’s important to let the buyer beware, and also to look for merchants who have high ratings and reviews. Although there are many cheap treadmills for sale on eBay, it’s important to remember that you want a discount treadmill that actually works! Make sure that you don’t buy a treadmill labeled “for parts.”
Find Plenty Of Cheap Treadmills For Sale On Overstock
One overlooked place to find cheap treadmills for sale is Overstock.com. With Overstock, it can be a luck of the draw. Depending on when you log on to search for discount treadmills, you may or may not find a suitable deal on the treadmill you want. However, it’s still a valuable place to find reviews and great sales every so often.
Find Cheap Treadmills For Sale At Your Local Retailer
People who don’t mind driving to a store to pick up a new treadmill will find that sites like Kmart.com and Walmart.com will have cheap treadmills for sale, reviews of each product, and also offer at-store pickup for certain models. The major downside to going through this route is that you do not have the negotiation power, or the shop-around power of many other online store sites.
The good news about sites like these is that oftentimes, they will offer exclusive internet-only deals that will give you a shopping edge over the regular store customers. Similarly, community sites such as Craigslist or Freecycle often have treadmills readily available. They might even be free.
Three of the Cheapest Treadmills for Sale Worth Buying
The Phoenix Easy-Up Manual Treadmill – When it comes to cheap treadmills on sale which are foldable, and easy to work with, the Phoenix Easy up is a great choice. New ones can start at an affordable $129.
The Corey Everson Manual Treadmill – Another portable, stable, and highly rated treadmill that is affordable on any budget. New ones start around $140, but you might be able to find a used one for around $70.
The Weslow Cardiostride Plus Manual Treadmill – With new ones starting at $70, this treadmill is surprisingly affordable, and very highly rated among users.